Hind Performance is a leading performance brand focused on maximizing the potential of the individual athlete.
Hind Performance: Brand History
• Founded by Cal Poly polo team member Greg Hind in 1974
• Originally focused on competition and active swim apparel
• Expanded into running, cycling, outdoor and fitness apparel
• Numerous landmark product introductions including Sportight (1983) Animal Short (1986), Munich Pant (1988), Drylete fabric (1989), and Motion Sensor Bra (2004).
• Reached $100M in retail apparel and accessory sales
• Sold to Saucony in 1997; Acquired by Stride Rite in 2005
• Hind has a rich heritage in performance athletics
Hind Performance: Overall
• Hind invented the performance compression apparel category
• Hind is represented in multiple categories and distribution channels
• Positioning: Hind is a leading performance brand focused on maximizing the potential of the individual athlete
• Hind is relevant to both the male and female athlete
• Competes With Adidas, Asics, Brooks, Champion Jog Bra, Columbia, Danskin, Marika, New Balance, Nike, Speedo, The North Face, Under Armour
• Pricing: Good/Better With Enhanced Margin
Hind Performance: Marketing Strategy
• Brand Imagery – A brand campaign that communicates the compelling, youthful, athletic, performance positioning of the brand. In the gym, on the road, outdoors.
• Brand Website – A robust brand experience. A place to showcase the brand history, product, gather email addresses, run promotions, where to buy, e-commerce links, etc
• PR – Provide product coverage and placement in relevant magazines and with stylists.
• Print – advertisements in select running, outdoor and fitness publications
• Promotion – Drive brand demand in cooperation with retail partners.